LFS-5.1-pre2 glibc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri May 14 12:26:41 PDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, David Jensen wrote:

> Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> >
> > G'day All,
> >
> > New glibc tarball is up, can be found under my home directory
> >
> >    ~ryan/glibc/glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1.tar.bz2
> >
> I still have 1 integer pipe race on a dual P4 SMP, during
> make check with a 2.4.2x kernel
>
>   /mnt/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/tst-stack1.out
> Timed out: killed the child process
> make[2]: *** [/mnt/src/glibc-build/linuxthreads/tst-stack1.out] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory /mnt/src/glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1/linuxthreads'
>
> reboot or find and kill the race :(
>
> -- David Jensen

 Hmm, I'm starting to wonder why I was so keen to get the "better"
version of glibc.  On my i686 the scripted chapter 6 build appears to be
hanging at the end of the gettext test suite : "minimal" locales, 5
tests failed, which is par for the course with whatever I'm missing in
my build method, a couple of Error indications from make, then nothing,
and `ps' doesn't show any descendants of my build-script, except for the
predictable filebuf-members.exe.  Anybody got any good results on x86 ?

Ken