LFS-5.1-pre2 glibc

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri May 14 12:37:07 PDT 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Sébastien Maerten wrote:

> Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
>
> > G'day All,
> >
> > New glibc tarball is up, can be found under my home directory
> >
> >    ~ryan/glibc/glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1.tar.bz2
> >
> >  Regards
> > [R]
> >

> I'll try a full build this week-end. I expect to be too late for release
> (didn't Matthew talk about 05/18 ?). But report results asap.

 I'm getting bad feelings about this on my ppc, hope yours goes better.
First problem is that the ld tests fail in pass 2 of binutils-2.14.
I'm building from a debian Woody (accidentally, with sed-4.09 installed,
I'll have to sgo back and confirm with sed-3.02 later) and the tests
fail whether or not I use the patch to the test suite that I pulled from
hjl.

 Second is that the compile of glibc in chapter 6 is segfaulting.  Not
unknown on this flakey box, but I usually get a bit further before that
bites.

Ken