Next XML changes

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 14 19:42:47 PDT 2004

On Thursday 13 May 2004 07:49, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> I've made it a lot more subtle in this version:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jeroen/less2.html

I will try to summarize my suggestions about this topic:

First, I personally prefer a grayscale scheme for online books, probably
because this was the default scheme for so many years.

What I like from both less.html and less2.html is that both remember
http://www.php.net/manual/en/preface.php, which I find perfect (and easily
integrable with their website). I like these versions specially for the
"light" background color on the navigation links.

less2.html is fine for me (including the vertical whitespace value), but both
versions have too many space inside the "screen boxes". Can we reduce that?
Also, I find the font size used for the screen box too big, but I think the
culprit is the mix of truetype and non-truetype fonts. From what I see, the
non-truetype fonts are preferred on the CSS, and as I don't have all of them,
some text appear in e.g. Arial and other on "Bitstream Vera Sans".

Also, as reported before, the text on the bottom navigation bar is overlapping
the links.

The rest seems great!
--
Anderson Lizardo