Attitude on the LFS lists.

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Sat May 15 03:15:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 05:52, Archaic wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 05:08:13AM +0200, Ronald Hummelink wrote:
> >
> > THERE HAS TO BE PUT A STOP ON THIS!
>
> How? Shut down the news gateway? Require 2 forms of ID to subscribe? I'm
> not going to defend that guy, but he was reacting to a dev who was over
> reacting. None of us smell like roses here, so let's be honest about it.
> We all have our bad days when we get riled up too easily.

You make it sound like no change at all is the only acceptable thing,
please don't shut the discussion down before it starts.

For example Requiring a valid email address to post to the lists is not
Evil, it stops anonymous posting; people tend to be a whole lot less
unfriendly when you can point who they are.

> > If you don't like someone, count to 10, hit the delete button, don't
> > yell.
>
> Did you count before yelling in the direction of the list manager above?
> :)

As a matter of fact yes, i had the thing read by someone else before
posting.

> --
> Archaic
>
> The IRS has become morally corrupted by the enormous power which we in
> Congress have unwisely entrusted to it. Too often it acts like a Gestapo
> preying upon defenseless citizens.
>
> - Senator Edward V. Long
waiting down the mountain...

!DSPAM:40a5ef5a118263837326754!