Guiding Principles (Repost)

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 15 12:10:53 PDT 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:06:18 -0400 (EDT)
Bill's LFS Login <lfsbill at nospam.dot> wrote:

> It could offer such things a "don't wipe the host yet if ...", "Go to
> BLFS and ... ssh ... if ...", etc. Keeping this list of "common
> scenarios" small will be the only tough part. Well, maybe not: "Before
> you wipe your host system, visit the BLFS project and see if there are
> things there that you need to add to your base LFS, such as blah-blah
> for yak-yak, ...".

I actually think this fits very well with Jeroens current text on "What
is LFS".  In there, there is an analogy of constructing various types of
buildings (houses, airports, etc.).  Maybe this chapter 9 stuff could
tidy everything up and almost say something like "If you intend to build
an airport you'll need to consider x, y & z from BLFS before you {trash
your host, reboot}" etc.

Just my 2c worth.  Adding it to the mix before I forget it!

Cheers,

Matt.