Attitude on the LFS lists.

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sat May 15 18:39:58 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 01:08:03AM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Jeroen Coumans said the following on 15-05-2004 20:26:
> <snip>
>
> Jeremy, please don't take my message as a personal attack, it wasn't
> meant as such. I'm just frustrated that my numerous attempts of
> compromise and establishing ground rules didn't seem to cause any
> nuancation in your interpretation of events. I hope you don't truly
> believe that those that have different opionions then yourself are only
> out to stop progress or hold the project back.

It wasn't taken as a personal attack, but it *did* feel like I was being
baited into making personal attacks.  I've tried to be very careful to avoid
singling out specific people in a negative way thru all of this headache,
because I don't want to come across as making personal attacks.

> Unfortunately, we're all under fire here.

Yeah, we are, but we as a community need to come together, not keep fragmenting
away from one another.  I know Matt's trying to accomplish that, and I have no
doubt that he will, but it's not going to be easy, either on him, or on us.
There will always be differences in opinion, it's how we handle it that
matters, and I'll admit I haven't always handled it the best.  But guys, please
keep in mind that everything I do, I do because I *CARE* about this project,
and I do NOT want to see it wither away.  I've vested a LOT of time into LFS,
from starting the LFS-Support irc channel, to helping Nathan rewrite the
bootscripts, to helping to write the book itself.  And I will continue to do
what I feel is the right thing for LFS, by trying to make is better than
before.

-J-