Guiding Principles (Repost)

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Sat May 15 19:09:37 PDT 2004

On Saturday 15 May 2004 08:59 pm, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 07:39:32PM -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 May 2004 01:06 pm, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> > > Someone else mentioned (Ryan?) about a small
> > > section near the end about "stop and consider". A *very*
> > > reasonable thing so that folks don't remove their distro before
> > > they position themselves properly to be able to continue.
> >
> > That was mine, thanks.  Don't mind me, just experiencing some
> > newbie joy at hearing others say they like my suggestions... :)
>
> Pretty much this suggestion will be integrated into chapter 9 of the
> book later tonite when I get home from work.
>
> -J-

1 big *COOL*

Btw, after all the recent posts, I think you all need a big note of
appreciation and encouragement.  Everyone who has contributed to this
project, IMO, has helped to make something very awesome.  For myself,
the time I have spent trying to learn and understand Linux, mostly from
online sources, has been often frustrating.  When I came across your
site, it was like I hit an oasis.  (Yeah, it sounds a bit cheesy, but
that's what it felt like.) LFS is different than the majority of stuff
out there.  For starters the book is authoritative - you know what you
are doing, and why you are doing it, and it shows.  Secondly, it is
well written so that it is easy to follow and understand - there's
almost always an accompanying explanation to show why something is
being done a certain way.  Thirdly, the fact that it's you, a variety
of people, with a variety of skills, all freely helping because you
*love* LFS and what it's all about.  Of course, if you're reading this,
you know all this stuff already.  But I think you needed to hear it
again.
You guys are doing awesome.  Keep up the good work.

JH