Next XML changes

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon May 17 07:07:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 01:28:15PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Well, that's a user-agent issue which falls outside the scope of the
> book rendering. I can not control AA/non-AA with CSS or by specifying a
> certain font-type. IIRC, if you set GTK_XFT=0 and QT_XFT=0, both
> toolkits will give you non-AA fonts.

That is exactly my point. You have stepped over into user-agent
territory be defining how the text should appear. The user should be in
charge of that, but now it is made much more difficult because the
majority of the pages I view do not screw around with this. Thus when I
redefine my settings for the book, all other pages look like crap.

--
Archaic

Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good.

- Mohandas Gandhi