Next XML changes

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 17 07:37:51 PDT 2004

Archaic said the following on 17-05-2004 16:07:
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 01:28:15PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>Well, that's a user-agent issue which falls outside the scope of the
>>book rendering. I can not control AA/non-AA with CSS or by specifying a
>>certain font-type. IIRC, if you set GTK_XFT=0 and QT_XFT=0, both
>>toolkits will give you non-AA fonts.
>

> That is exactly my point. You have stepped over into user-agent
> territory be defining how the text should appear. The user should be in
> charge of that, but now it is made much more difficult because the
> majority of the pages I view do not screw around with this. Thus when I
> redefine my settings for the book, all other pages look like crap.

Yes, I understand, but I don't agree. The user agent can always override
any settings in CSS. If that is a difficult process it is the fault of
the user agent.

But I'm willing to compromise. What is it about my font definitions that
you don't like? Do you have other suggestions for font types?

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans