[RFC] Proposal to change the structure of the website view/download areas and handling of "testing" releases

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 17 10:17:41 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 17-05-2004 19:06:

> With all that said though, if we do start to create "dated testing
> snapshots", render them and put up news items about them, then people
> can still do most of what I was hoping for. We just need to get someone
> (Matt?) to decide if this is the right policy to follow for the next
> round of testing and decree that :-)

Yes, the problems you signalled are also because we have no real testing
procedures or instructions yet. Is it unreasonable to ask for ALFS
profiles with each pre release? It would be great to provide those,
together with clear instructions on each release; it would simplify the
test process and hopefully attract more testers.

And with 5.1 out, we should have more free time to work out these
issues. That's a job for the testing team, though :-)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans