[RFC] Proposal to change the structure of the website view/download areas and handling of "testing" releases

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon May 17 12:10:28 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:03:19PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> They are restricted only because _others_ are using the HTML renders for
> testing. If an editor makes a change and wants to get it out "right
> now", they can't if it is an important (not text only) change, otherwise
> there would have been two books with the same date produced. If we
> publicize that "testing" is rendered daily and available on the website
> (which it never was before), a lot of people are going to start using
> that as their basis for testing.

I see your point and cede to its validity. :) However, I don't think we
should drop the -pre convention as many people are just too scared to
try anything until that point.

--
Archaic

Government should be weak, amateurish and ridiculous. At present, it
fulfills only a third of the role.

- Edward Abbey