lfs-bootscripts-2.0.5 PIDFILE

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Mon May 17 21:56:20 PDT 2004

> Howdy, are 2.0 series bootscripts going to remain in lfs-6.0 branch?  If
> so, can we add PIDFILE to functions as in 2.1.0 for the 2.0.6 release?
> It makes mysql and winbind scripts much easier in the next release of
> BLFS.
>
> TIA.
>
> -- DJ Lucas

there wont be a 2.0.6 release,  the 2.0 series is meant for 2.4 kernels,
while the 2.1 is meant for 2.6 kernels [well, if someone rm'd udev, it'll
run on 2.4, but *shrug*]

BTW, I hear that the 2.1.0 bootscript is more broken then what I
origionally thought,  so dont use it until BLFS moves to 2.1.1.