[RFC] Proposal to change the structure of the website view/download areas and handling of "testing" releases

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 18 07:32:48 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Unless we use the museum directly for all dated renders & downloads. In
> that case, everything which requires a stable URL points to the museum
> (news, release announcements, test requests, etc.), but the daily render
> on the website can remain in {view,downloads}.

Hmmm... that puts these as unmirrored items, right? That means we'd be
trading off saving some disk space on the mirrors vs. putting more
bandwidth consumption back on belgarath. That's a tough call, especially
given how inexpensive disk space is nowadays.

I don't have my SSH-capable system up at the moment, but can someone
look in the museum and find out much disk space all the releases (say
going back to LFS-3.3) take up? I'd bet it's only a few megabytes.