Next XML changes

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 18 08:41:52 PDT 2004

Bruce Dubbs said the following on 18-05-2004 17:07:

> The bottom line is that the pages look very pretty, but are not very
> functional because it makes the reader have to scroll too much and makes
> the eye have to move too far to read efficiently.  Compare these pages
> to almost any commercial book or magazine, on-line or printed.  For
> instance, an arbitrary HOWTO (Software-Building-HOWTO) is formatted to
> 39 lines of material in the sme window.

Do you use the default font size? Do you only use the less.html page as
reference? It has lots of different sections and thus may be a bad
reference point. I'm not sure how far Manuel is with implementing the
stylesheet, but is it OK to defer this point until there is more
reference material to compare it with?

PS - the HTML is formatted for online reading, thus you can't really
compare it to printed books. I'm not impressed with the default
formatting of HowTo's or docbook, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't want
to change it :-)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans