Next XML changes

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue May 18 09:06:22 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Bruce Dubbs said the following on 18-05-2004 17:07:
>
>> The bottom line is that the pages look very pretty, but are not very
>> functional because it makes the reader have to scroll too much and
>> makes the eye have to move too far to read efficiently.  Compare
>> these pages to almost any commercial book or magazine, on-line or
>> printed.  For instance, an arbitrary HOWTO (Software-Building-HOWTO)
>> is formatted to 39 lines of material in the sme window.
>

> Do you use the default font size? Do you only use the less.html page
> as reference? It has lots of different sections and thus may be a bad
> reference point. I'm not sure how far Manuel is with implementing the
> stylesheet, but is it OK to defer this point until there is more
> reference material to compare it with?

I beleve I'm using the default font size, but I don't remember if I
changed it or not.  The font size is comfortable for me on most web
pages.  In any case, how many lines of text do you see on your system
using your setup?

As far as less having a lot of sections, it is typical of most of the
sections in the book and is a resoanble test case.
  -- Bruce