BuildingKernel

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Tue May 18 13:11:33 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 22:26, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
> > That's exactly true. If we can't build LFS-6.0 from LFS-5.1 (or LFS-5.0
> > for that matter), then it shouldn't be LFS-6.0.
>
> You _can_ build LFS-6.0 from LFS-5.1 or LFS-5.0. You just have to
> upgrade your kernel, which people (our target audience) already do.

Who is your target audience?  For instance I'm still running my machines
on debian woody and looking at upgrade routes.  I don't run 2.6 on any
of my stable systems yet.

--
Brian Beattie            | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie at beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto