Next XML changes

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 18 16:28:16 PDT 2004

Archaic said the following on 18-05-2004 19:07:
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:33:31PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>But what's the point of counting lines per screen? It's different for
>

> /me runs to count lines... :) Excessive scrolling is a PITA. BTW, the

That's just psychological :-) You scroll all the time, with every
website and perhaps even with most mails you read. Seriously, vertical
scrolling is much less an issue then lack of white space.

> vocal minority may not be so minor. There are very few who bother to
> read these threads, so that basis alone is moot. Also, it would seem the
> sheer volume of docs on the web that are similar in presentation argue
> the minority is actually you. :)

A poll will hopefully silence you :)

> If there is no changing your mind, could you set it up like the homepage
> where one can choose from different stylesheets?

If there is such a large group to warrant different stylesheets then
I'll seriously reconsider the default output. If you turn out to be a
minority, it's probably better to use something like a user stylesheet
which I've previously mentioned. Only two CSS lines would need to be
overruled, so it's really simple.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans