Moving features from HEAD to testing

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 21 15:15:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 18:05:41 -0400 (EDT)
Bill's LFS Login <lfsbill at nospam.dot> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2004, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
> > Bill's LFS Login <lfsbill at nospam.dot> wrote:
> >
> > > FTR:  If Matt's cutting out the cummunity goes through, then Alex
> > > should be brought back: his only sin was prematurity.
> >
> > WTF?  I said I was *against* cutting out the community.  Honestly,
> > it seems as if people around here are reading only what they want to
> > these days.
>
> Correct me if I misunderstood - I've not reviewed the OP. IIRC, you
> said you were against it but since the community was not able to
> decide things in reasonable times you felt the policy was needed to
> keep things going? Wrong on my part?

Well, OK, I'll accept partial blame for the misunderstanding (I hope
this is what we can put this down to).  My OP was intended to get people
thinking of this list as a *community* again, not just somewhere for
flame-fests.  I felt the policy *may* be needed if people couldn't learn
to just put their opinions forward and accept that not everyone would be
in complete agreement with them and not to take such things as a
judgement on their personal character.

As it is, the flamewars seem to have abated for now, probably more as a
part of a more common understanding of the new development model than
some naive threats I made.

Best regards,

Matt.