Layout and design of the book

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Fri May 21 19:24:27 PDT 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 10:16 pm, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> Jeremy Utley said the following on 22-05-2004 04:07:
> > Can we choose neither?  The links at the top and bottom are broken
> > on Internet Explorer, (I know, Microsoft, but I use it regularly at
> > work, as do many of us).  Also the coloring and all the whitespace
> > is annoying.  I miss the old plain black and white book! :(
>
> IE support will be added; that's a technical issue, not a design
> issue. If you want the plain B&W book, just disable the stylesheet.
> Every browser allows you to, although I don't know if IE has UI for
> it.

I was going to mention that about disabling the stylesheet... :-)
The look is visually pleasing, clean, easy to read, but I don't think
the commands should be red, or in a sans typeface.  Shouldn't the font
for the commands look as similar to a classic console face as possible?
Courier, etc?

Might the use of tables help keep the links in proper position no matter
what browser or stylesheet being used?  Just a thought...

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net