Layout and design of the book

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sat May 22 07:45:59 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es wrote:

> El Sáb 22 May 2004 11:59 Jeroen Coumans escrbió:
>

>>>I also think it's a pretty big waste of space - there's a WHOLE lot of blank
>>>empty space in there that's not really needed.
>>
>>It's for increasing readability and legibility. Why does everyone here
>>prefer to read condensed text which fills each page left to right? It
>>makes very dull pages and causes strain on the eyes.
>

> See the version that was comminted to HEAD.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/unstable/chapter06/glibc.html

Wow! That is really begining to look nice.  I'm not so sure I like the
yellow tho.  It's only opinion, so take it for no more than it is worth.
  Something about it just doesn't fit right with the rest of the page.

I like this combination...

   background-color: #dfefff;
   border: 1px solid #afefff;

or mabye this one if you really want to separate from lfs's website
colors but I like the first better..

   background-color: #dffbcc;
   border: 1px solid #bffbcc;

-- DJ Lucas