udev problems

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 22 09:03:02 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I think Jeroen was saying that he doesn't think the focus of LFS should
> change just to help out the functionality of desktop users - he wasn't
> saying desktop users won't benefit from udev.  Is that right Jeroen?

And just to be clear, my refuting his use of "desktop users" as a
counter-point does not in any way mean that I think "desktop users" is
the reason to include udev in the book. My point was that using "desktop
users" as a point _against_ udev was counter-intuitive, as if the book
includes udev (for whatever reasons) those are the users it will help
the most.