udev problems

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 22 10:20:18 PDT 2004

On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:14:02 -0500
DJ Lucas <dj at lucasit.com> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
> >
> > So, *without* regard to any particular implementation (i.e. ignore
> > the fact we might be talking about udev, devfsd, or
> > make_dynamic_devices.sh, etc.) I've just one question for the
> > community:
> >
> > Should LFS configure & support dynamic devices?
> >

> Probably the best possible question you could have asked!
>
> Now one for you.  What known LFS goals and policies are we to
> reference? I chose
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/cvs/prologue/audience.html

Likewise, another very good question.  Unfortunately it doesn't have a
definitive answer..yet!  I'll point you to
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=WhatIsLFS which,
being on the wiki, is of course a work in progress.

Apologies for not pointing to this alongside my question.

Cheers,

Matt.