udev problems

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sat May 22 11:02:06 PDT 2004

Roel Neefs wrote:

> On Saturday 22 May 2004 19:14, DJ Lucas wrote:
>

>>Education = Depends..will the user learn more on his own by first
>>using static devices, or by learnig dynamic devices as taught in the
>>book.
>

> both have lots of things to learn from, the difference is that one of
> those will be deprecated, so why not teach them immediately the right
> way?

Interesting argument.  I've not yet had a need to extend on what was
provided already in the 6.0 branch, in addition Kevin suggested a page
or two about udev's configuration and use.

>>Compact/Minimalist = HELL NO!  Another package.
>

> how is replacing one package by another going away from the minimalistic
> approach?

Umm, did I miss something?  No package is being replaced, only udev
added.  BTW, the "HELL NO!" answer was intended only to cause a smile
for those who are not extreme minimalists.

-- DJ Lucas