Layout and design of the book

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat May 22 13:32:53 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 06:01:56PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> It's not about marketing, it's about using design to communicate more
> effectively by making it easy to read and comprehend the information
> that is presented.

But effective communication has to account for the target audience. I do
not think this does. Pretty, yes. But most of us are geeks and process
information differently than non-geeks.

--
Archaic

A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he
cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable
creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the
exertions of better men than himself.

- John Stuart Mill, writing on the U.S. Civil War in 1862