udev problems

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sat May 22 14:18:34 PDT 2004

* Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> [2004-05-22 23:13]:
> Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
>
> >Adding more logs to the fire: linux 2.2.x meets all requirements. Why
> >are we using 2.4 instead?
> >

> Meets all requirements for what?  Usually Linux 2.2 is with an old
> distro. I tried compiling Linux 2.6 on a system with binutils 2.11 (As
> in RH 7.3) and it failed.  A distro with linux-2.2, without update,
> won't build LFS 6.

Please see a few messages up the thread; we were talking about using
this page:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=WhatPackagesInLFS

to decide which packages go into LFS. Building LFS 6 is not listed
there.

Using linux 2.4 can't be justified if criteria are restricted to those
on that wiki page.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/