udev problems

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 23 02:30:24 PDT 2004

Nick Fotopoulos said the following on 23-05-2004 07:45:
> On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 17:14 +0200, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
>>I'd also like to point out that there were several efforts to
>>*standardise* our software selection procedure and come up with commonly
>>agreed upon *principles*, eg.
>><http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=WhatPackagesInLFS>.
>>Despite that everybody applauded and supported the effort, it seems that
>>it's just theory and the practice is that LFS will just include
>>everything which its development team wish to include.
>
> The funny thing is, those 6 principles don't seem to argue for or
> against either side of this debate...they are valid for both the current
> version of the LFS and BE-LFS books.  Did I miss something?

No, they were exactly intended this way - to provide common rules upon
which both sides can draw objective arguments from!

If the principles are not adequate, then why attack them? Adjust them!
It's a wiki and I've invited everyone numerous time to tweak them.
Please do!

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans