random seed initialization?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 23 09:44:37 PDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:42:43 -0700
Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> I think the random seed initialization should be moved from BLFS to
> LFS.  This is really proper configuration of the random device node,
> and as such should be dealt with in LFS.  Also, I personally can't
> forsee a situation where a user would want a non-random seed value for
> the random device.

This would also appear to be in line with
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=WhatIsLFS where we
state: "Furthermore, we provide installation and configuration
instructions according to the advice and expectations of the developers
or maintainers of the software packages we install".

Cheers,

Matt.