random seed initialization?

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sun May 23 10:20:21 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> I think the random seed initialization should be moved from BLFS to
> LFS.  This is really proper configuration of the random device node,
> and as such should be dealt with in LFS.  Also, I personally can't forsee
> a situation where a user would want a non-random seed value for the
> random device.
>
> Any one with a conflicting technical view?

BLFS has a paragraph explaining what random does.  Are you going to
import that into LFS also or just put it into the bootscripts without
explaination?

BTW, BLFS has sections on /etc/inputrc, bash startup files, and vimrc.
I personally can't forsee
a situation where a user would not want those too.  Are you going to
move those to LFS too?

  -- Bruce