random seed initialization?

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sun May 23 11:45:11 PDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 10:24:19 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > BTW, BLFS has sections on /etc/inputrc, bash startup files, and vimrc.
> > I personally can't forsee
> > a situation where a user would not want those too.  Are you going to
> > move those to LFS too?
>
> If my opinion matters, I think they should be moved to LFS, yes. These
> are pretty basic configuration issues for packages installed in LFS, it
> makes some sense for them to be in the same book, although most likely
> still towards the end of the book, not on the package pages themselves.

I disagree - I still dont have an inputrc on my 6 month old install here, and dont see why I need one.

likewise - if you NEED (slightly) improved randomness then you can add that to your scripts - random is random enough for all but some obscure things already. Are you going to add sections on how to use hardware random number generators too (over 50% of current chipsets have hwrng support) ?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.