tag points / branch points

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 24 23:52:42 PDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:45:38 -0500
Archaic <archaic at indy.rr.com> wrote:

> Suggestion to Matt:
>
> In the process of creating a release (making tarballs, tagging CVS,
> making news announcements, etc), could you include the new tagpoint in
> the announcement (preferably on list and on the webpage news) so that
> one can quickly get the identical xml from either the web tarball or
> CVS?  Which reminds me, previous releases had the xml tarred up and
> placed alongside the PDF, nochunks, etc tarballs. I don't see it for
> 5.1. Don't know if you forgot, didn't know, or don't want to mess with
> it...

As Jeremy said I'm a release-manager newbie so a lot of gremlins crept
in to the 5.1 release procedure.  We're hoping they're all worked out
now and we'll know for sure with the 5.1.1 release.  The XML tarball
will be made available once again, and yes, this was merely an oversight
on my part :(

Cheers,

Matt.