Advice on Runit Hint please.

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Tue May 25 09:39:10 PDT 2004

As you may or may not know I wrote a couple of hints on how to replace
sysVinit with runit.  It was an interesting exercise, and runit is a
fine piece of software, but I rather regret it.  The problem is that I
don't want to maintain the hints, indeed I don't want to use runit
anymore - the latest LFS-Bootscripts are entirely to my liking.

However, I am getting requests for support.  At the moment things are
fresh enough in my mind that I can respond to them sensibly, but this
will increasingly not be the case.

Should I:

1)  Release a revised version saying clearly that there is no support
and the the author is not using the hint himself.  Then orphan the hint.

2)  Withdraw the hints to OLD.

3)  Something else I haven't thought of.

Suggestions?

R.
--
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP