email bounces

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at venus.sac.accd.edu
Tue May 25 11:36:40 PDT 2004

Perhaps this is not the best list to post on, but I would like to address a
problem I am having with bounces from the mail server.  My email address is
  being forged and I'm getting lots of bounces with virii still attached.
The latest, supposedly from me included a zip file which intersetingly had
a file inside with the name:  details.txt\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ .pif

I suspect I'm not the only victim of this type of thing. Could the email
server be changed to just drop these messages instead of bouncing?  If
that's not possible, how about stripping all attachments in the bounced
email message?

   -- Bruce