glibc-compile error

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue May 25 23:43:20 PDT 2004

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Jeremy Utley wrote:
>
>> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>>
>>> CC-ing lfs-dev; this is actually about book development.

>> *Glares at Alexander*  I know nothing about a problem with
>> glibc....in fact, I just did a FULL build, of today's HEAD, and NO
>> issues found.  But, you're also an editor, and you have privledges to
>> commit to the book when needed now.
>

> Then something is wrong with my memory. Sorry.
>
> The bug manifests itself only when building from old hosts that don't
> have libgcc_s.so.1. You can reproduce it by building b6_0 with gcc
> 3.3.3 and LinuxThreads from RedHat 7.0 (don't forget to install
> sed-4.0.9 in /tools fefore doing anything else).

Is this a problem in HEAD as well?  I remember hearing something about
this, but I don't know what the fix is.  If it's a problem as well in
HEAD, then we need to get it fixed, but if it's simply a problem in the
b6_0 branch, then it can be safely ignored, because b6_0 is a dead
branch at this point.

-J-