glibc-compile error

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed May 26 01:16:24 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Is this a problem in HEAD as well?  I remember hearing something about
> this, but I don't know what the fix is.  If it's a problem as well in
> HEAD, then we need to get it fixed, but if it's simply a problem in the
> b6_0 branch, then it can be safely ignored, because b6_0 is a dead
> branch at this point.

This is a problem for HEAD as well, I suppose, because glibc versions
are identical. However, I can't test it right now.

I don't commit the LD_LIBRARY_PATH fix because I don't know if it will
break hosts of some intermediate age (some early gcc3 version with
libgcc_s.so incompatible with the one provided by gcc3.4.x -- might
crash some host tools when loaded).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .