glibc-compile error

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed May 26 09:22:12 PDT 2004

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:
> For the other I assume it was due to
> "Examination of config.log reveals that the test program was
> linked by pass1 tools against libgcc_s.so.1, which is present only in
> /tools/lib, not in /usr/lib, and therefore cannot be found by a dynamic
> linker."
>
> So does it actually attempt to run the created binary from the
> conftest? Is this linuxthreads specific or NPTL as well?

It affects both. Sorry that I told the wrong facts, I was sending mail
from work (Windows only). gcc-3.3.3 is not affected, gcc-3.4.0 is.

> Could you mail in the offending config.log snippet?

Take the entire file. It's attached (for linuxthreads). For NPTL, it is
very similar.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .