'Hunking' expect patch

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 30 10:50:57 PDT 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:08:40 +0200
Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net> wrote:

> The current expect patch does hunk somewhere. I see this like a typo,
> a misstake that should not confuse new users. Correct one is attached.

The current LFS policy is to only update the patches when they no
longer apply (i.e. they fail as opposed to hunk).  To be honest, patches
that are for non-LFS specific needs (e.g. the specs/toolchain related
ones) shouldn't be required once a new version of the package is
released as it should have been submitted, reviewed and applied
upstream.

However, the expect patch is somewhat of a special-case as it is
apparently the tcl package that is at fault.  I've tried getting the
patch applied *somewhere*, but the expect maintainer claimed it was a
tcl problem, and the tcl maintainer never got back to me :(

Regards,

Matt.