Branching errors

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Wed May 5 03:07:08 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:06:28PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> This is correct; branch_point_5_1 is a tag, not a branch, that
> represents the "tip" of the b5_1 branch. It was made just after Matthew
> finished his newxml merge into HEAD, and before any of today's changes
> (or even the 5.1-pre2 version entity change). What you are seeing is
> expected.

I don't see how it could be, because the other two have files and
revisions they should not have had in them. So, which parameter should I
pass to keep an updated tree of 5.1-pre2, then? b5_1, v5_1-pre2, or
branch_point_5_1?

Still confused....

--
Archaic

Government should be weak, amateurish and ridiculous. At present, it
fulfills only a third of the role.

- Edward Abbey