LSB Compliant Bootscripts

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:25:35 PDT 2004

A long time ago (insert star wars quote here) , it sounded like the
LFS project was working with the LSB project, and following LSB
standards wherever it suites us.

Someone shown me this page on IRC [dont remember the name]
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_2.0.0/LSB-generic/LSB-generic/iniscrptfunc.html

and I was wondering if we want to work towards this for the next LFS
book release.

If there is a interest to making our LFS system accept LSB compliant
bootscripts, I Would like to seperate that from the bootscript logging
that we are currently working on [as in, loadproc (start_daemon in
LSB) and killproc should probably not call evaluate_retval, or any of
the echo commands].  It would also use /lib/lsb/functions instead of
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.  (At this time, I dont believe we want our
bootscripts LSB compliant [It mentions nothing about logging], but I
believe we can easly make our scripts fit the standard a bit better,
and put in the commands required to boot up LSB style bootscripts)

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------