rp-pppoe & iproute2

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 2 18:57:02 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I had a kind Canadian report a misconfiguration with my latest cd.
> Seems that rp-pppoe isn't set up to play with iproute, but still uses
> ifconfig in its scripts.  I haven't looked at them myself yet, though I
> might soon.  Just wondering if anyone else is aware of this, and/or what
> needs to be done to make them work together.

I started on a patch not too long ago on this, but it was decided not to
patch away net-tools deps by default so net-tools in BLFS should be a
dep of rp-pppoe.  Correcting now in BLFS.  Check out this post, there is
a yet untested patch to use ip:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2004-August/007379.html

BTW, I did figure out the modems, had to do it in windows with EnterNet
300.  Unfortunately I still can't test this ATM due to lack of availible
PCs.

-- DJ Lucas