i18n on the Boot CD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 4 08:11:03 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been playing around with the cd some, and went ahead and upgraded X
on my image for it.  It's now running Xorg 6.8.1 with most of the
graphics drivers compiled, as well.  Upgrading X has also allowed xkb to
work as it should, which makes it possible to use/view cyrillic fonts.
Alexander and I have worked this out together on irc.  However, becuase
of adding the extra drivers, it is now *required* that before you run
startx, you run Xorg -configure, adjust the resulting xorg.conf.new file
and cp or mv it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf. And because of the extra steps
necessary to make cyrillic fonts work, info needs to be added to the
README.

Therefore, Alexander is going to be making a translated version of the
README in Russian, README.ru.  I'd like to ask that any other
translators that are available for various languages help by downloading
the README file, translating it, and returning it to me with the
appropriate two letter abbreviation of the language as a suffix.

You can find the README here:

http://www.jenacon.net/bootcd/README

We have a limited time to make this happen, so the sooner you respond,
the better :)

Thanks,

--
Jeremy Huntwork