i18n on the Boot CD

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 4 10:41:56 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing around with the cd some, and went ahead and upgraded X
> on my image for it.  It's now running Xorg 6.8.1 with most of the
> graphics drivers compiled, as well.  Upgrading X has also allowed xkb to
> work as it should, which makes it possible to use/view cyrillic fonts.
> Alexander and I have worked this out together on irc.  However, becuase
> of adding the extra drivers, it is now *required* that before you run
> startx, you run Xorg -configure, adjust the resulting xorg.conf.new file
> and cp or mv it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf. And because of the extra steps
> necessary to make cyrillic fonts work, info needs to be added to the
> README.
>
> Therefore, Alexander is going to be making a translated version of the
> README in Russian, README.ru.  I'd like to ask that any other
> translators that are available for various languages help by downloading
> the README file, translating it, and returning it to me with the
> appropriate two letter abbreviation of the language as a suffix.
>
> You can find the README here:
>
> http://www.jenacon.net/bootcd/README
>
> We have a limited time to make this happen, so the sooner you respond,
> the better :)
>
> Thanks,

Jeremy,

If the translation does not mess with the URL links too much, can you
change the link to X configuration to include the page

/x/installing.html#xorg

And then mention the section to review: Configuring Xorg

This will make it a lot easier for folks to find exactly what we mean
for them to read.

Thanks
James