New iso available for the BootCD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 12 12:39:23 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay with this one, but finally there is a new iso
available:

As usual, you can find it here:

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs-boot-cd/

Changes made:

1) Upgraded to Xorg 6.8.1. In doing this, an issue with xkb was
resolved.  Also, the majority of drivers available for X were included
(a couple of drivers produced errors, so I just dropped them and moved
on).  This means that to use X, you *must* now run Xorg -configure,
possibly edit the resultant file ~/xorg.conf.new, and copy or move that
file to /etc/X11/xorg.conf - Similar instructions have been placed in
the README

2) Per request, the AACRAID driver was built into the kernel.

3) Added README's for several languages (Russian, Spanish, German,
French & Portuguese) - Thanks for providing the translations, guys.

4) Updated the book to reflect recent changes.

5) Patched rp-pppoe to use iproute2, need some help testing this one,
please.  James has already volunteered, but we could always use more
help :)

I think that's it for the changes.

Bruce, Tim, if you two are still planning on mirroring this for the time
being, please let me know when and if you've got it available.

Also, I have a couple of general questions for everyone. I'm going to
try to use my personal webspace on belgarath as an information center
for the bootcd. (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/) Any
suggestions on the content that should go there?

Seeing that this is really my first real contribution to the community
with versioned releases, any other suggestions on what would be helpful
in my naming scheme of the cd's and/or tracking the changes?  Where
would be an appropriate place for a CHANGELOG?

Lastly, does the term "BootCD" really convey what this cd is and does?
To me, it falls a little short of what it really does.  If not a bootcd,
any suggestions on what would be a better term?

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions!

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net