Ok to update testing branch?

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 16 08:44:24 PDT 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 13:35, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> I'm deferring this one to Gerard as he was the one who created the 6.0
> branch.  However, I don't see an issue with the patches.  The unstable
> branch points to patches/lfs/cvs/unstable.  The testing branch points to
> patches/lfs/cvs/testing.  The 6.0 branch, although obviously not
> available online yet points to patches/lfs/6.0.

Just remembering that to enable/disable automatic branch rendering, you need
to modify the table at the bottom of the /usr/bin/render-lfs-book.sh script.
E.g. to render branches/6.0 as stable (although you will probably want to use
a tagged version for this), you need to add this line:

render_branch  branches/6.0         stable

To disable a rendering, just comment out the corresponding line.

Additionally, don't forget to copy the 5.1.1 related files
to /home/httpd/archives.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-museum/ once 6.0 is
released.

(Although I suppose all this is noted as release process steps, right? :)

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/