ppc cd available

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 16 11:29:35 PDT 2004

Well, the subject says it all. :D

I need help testing this cd, please.  This one is a *very* preliminary
cd.  It's really nothing more than a base LFS system with the addition
of wget, configured to boot New World Macs.  I built this cd on a G4 and
need to see what machines will boot this and can use the cd.  If it is
incompatible with a great deal of machines, then I need to figure out
two things:

1) A way to boot into other ppc systems (Open Firmware?)
2) What options to pass to gcc to make the binaries compatible with
older machines

I'm posting this to lfs-hackers as well, because there was discussion
there a few weeks back about the possibility of a ppc live-cd.  Let's
keep the thread going in lfs-dev, though, because this version of the cd
will be for 6.0

I may need to totally re-do this cd, which is fine, but I need to get
some feedback before I take any further action.

The iso is about 100Mb, and as usual, you can find it here:

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs/lfs-boot-cd/

Also, IIRC, some time back Chris Lingard made a passing remark about
possibly creating a x86-64 cd... Chris, are you still pursuing this
idea?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net