inputrc

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Oct 17 19:56:39 PDT 2004

Lefteris Dimitroulakis wrote:

> Hellow to the list.
>
> I read in the LFS-BOOK-SVN-20041014-HTML/chapter07/inputrc.html
> that I have to add in the readline startup file:
>
> # Enable 8bit input
> set meta-flag On
> set input-meta On
>
> Well, untill now I was certain that
> "meta-flag" is synonymous to "input-meta"
> so I was using either of them.
> Was I wrong all this time or this is a
> change in bash-3.0 ?

No, this file has been in BLFS for a long time (> 2 years), and then I
transferred it into LFS unmodified. So this might be some atavism from a
really old bash.

On the other hand, Debian Sarge has the following in its inputrc:

set input-meta on
set output-meta on

Go guess what's right. Both variants (i.e. current LFS and current Debian)
work here.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov