Broken link report

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 20 23:46:32 PDT 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 00:15 +0200, Daniel Tams wrote:
>
>>Report of broken link
>>
>>Where: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter03/patches.html
>>Broken link: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/5.1.1/mktemp-1.5-add-tempfile.patch
>>Should be: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/lfs/5.1.1/mktemp-1.5-add-tempfile-1.patch
>>
>>Regards,
>>Daniel
>

> Daniel,
>
> That's a link in the book itself, which gets automatically rendered for
> the website. So, it's not really a website issue, but a lfs book issue,
> and one of the lfs editors needs to change it.  However, that may not
> happen anyway, because 5.1.1 is on it's way out and 6.0(testing) is very
> near to being released as stable.

Wow - how did that one slip past?  Oh that's right, I was RM for that
release, right! :(  Actually, I don't think the problem is in the book
at all, it's actually a problem with the file itself.  Note that not all
the patches listed in the book have a version number field on them.  I
think a simple rename of the patch will fix this one, though I'll wait
for further comments before actually doing it.

Cheers,

Matt.