LFS on TLDP

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 25 11:47:07 PDT 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> LFS is at version 5.0 on TLDP website.  Are we going to get 6.0 up there?
>

> I think there are licensing issues with the TLDP.  TLDP want one of
> http://www.opensource.org/licenses/.  Our current license/copyright text
> is at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/unstable/prologue/legalnotice.html.
>   Changing this, if it is indeed necessary and desirable, will require
> the consent of all current and previous contributors.  I'm not sure how
> trivial (or otherwise) a process this will be.  In short, I don't think
> we'll be able to get 6.0 into TLDP due to this constraint.  As for
> future versions...who knows?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

I remember that with BLFS.  I was not under the impression that LFS has
that same problem.  If your thought is the case and we cannot get all to
agree, then I would suggest we pull it completely from their site.  We
still have SF and FM pages that we can keep up to date that are
noticeable by many.  I am not a big fan of having old stuff like that
hanging out there.

James