LFS on TLDP

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 26 12:02:36 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Mar 26 Oct 2004 19:20 Matthew Burgess escrbió:
>

>>They're not listed on the OSI's approved licenses, although the TLDP
>>recommend it be used, at least according to their own author's guide -
>>http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/doc-licensing.html.
>

> See http://www.tldp.org/manifesto.html points 5 & 6.
>
> I think that the current boilerplate license in the LFS Book is good enought to
> fit that requeriments.

manifesto.html was last updated on 2003-07-24, the LDP Author's guide on
   2004-07-14.  Note in particular from
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/index.html:

"Revision 4.1	2004-01-27	Revised by: ejh
Updated the license requirements and added them to the table of contents
(moved them out of the sub-section).".

Is anyone here involved with the LDP (not necessarily in an LFS role)?
This inconsistency could certainly do with clarifying, though given the
dates above I'd be prone to take the Author's Guide as the requirements
of TLDP.

Regards,

Matt.