LFS 6.0 Book CD

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 2 12:15:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 21:57 -0500, James Robertson wrote:

> I wanted to start a discussion on some open points with the CD that we
> want to put in the printed book.
>
> The wiki page at:
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=BootCD
> Looks a little jumbled.

Ok, this is really getting into the final stages here: just wanted to
bring up a couple of final points...

1) Samba shares - is this useful to enough people to warrant it?
2) Any other text editors suggested or can we all live with vim?
3) What packages are required/suggested for proper internationalization?
(Btw, Gerard, this book is available internationally, right?)
4) Nfs client needed?
5) Please, please review the above wiki link, and if you have anything
to add, add it to the list at the top with a "* package..." - and then
post to lfs-dev that you have made a change.  I will be monitoring the
wiki for changes and if there is a doubt or question on the suggestion
it will be discussed.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net