Some points to criticize about LFS

Bodey Baker bakerb04 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 4 03:04:01 PDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Steve Crosby wrote:

> Bodey Baker <bakerb04 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au> wrote in
> news:Pine.LNX.4.56.0409011906400.11668 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au:
>

> <snip>
>
> > have said. In that case if these things have been discussed else where
> > can someone point me that way, or is it something you just get a feel
> > for eventually.
> >

> try the URL below. Other excellent documents at the main site, The Linux
> Documentation Project (TLDP) at www.tldp.org
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/From-PowerUp-To-Bash-Prompt-HOWTO.html

:) forgot about that. The 'Audience' section of the book makes it sound
like you should read one or the other and there is little point in reading
both.

I think the email 'Some proposals for descriptions of packages' by Gueven
Bay in lfs-dev-request does a good job of describing how they fit and work
together.

btw. Theres a package freeze for 6.0, does that mean that the install
instructions are stable and wont change much? I havent been able to find
any indication of the LFS-6.0 release date, the website still says
unknown, how long will it probably be?